Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Welcome!

            When you cannot go somewhere, when you cannot meet someone, when you cannot converse with them books provide a way. Being legally blind there were always places I simply couldn’t get to when I wanted. I lived in a world of roads and automobiles, beyond the reach of public transit; but I could have nearly any book I wanted. As a human being caught in time there were many people, I would have liked to know who have long since passed on; but they have left their words behind for me and you to hear. Time in various ways keeps us from conversing with the great minds of our own day as we might wish, but it often allows for reading.

            To read a book is to go on an adventure with the promise of gaining by it. Not every book delivers on the promise, but many do. Some give facts, others perspective, others grant insight, and still other inspiration. I have read a lot, and gained a lot from reading. Oh, and not only from reading, but also from listening, and watching, and even playing. I am always encouraging others to read, or listen, or watch, or play; and also, to think as do so.

            The greatest treasures are to be gained through examination. Now we might think ourselves somehow deprived of vision to examine rightly or well. Thinking about what we read, and listen to, and watch is a skill to be learned. I am still learning and am writing this blog for my own improvement. I also wish to be something of a guide to the various media I have explored throughout my life. I do not claim to have a definitive understanding of anyone else’s work, but I do have a perspective. And if you don’t mind following a legally blind man into his labyrinthine library you may perhaps find treasures for yourself.

            Don’t worry, the way will be lit by the torch of faith and the word of God, by which light even a blind man can see clearly. If you are Christian, I ray my words will guide you to truth, and if you are not, I pray my words will help you to see something more of the Christian faith.  A lot of what I’ll write about is not Christian, and I don’t want to Christianize it; but the Christian perspective is the only one I have, and so it is the one I shall use.

            Well, enough with introductions, follow if you will. Feel free to share your thoughts along the way in the comment section: just keep it civil please. To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogwood drive

              For a brief time, I had the pleasure of residing in the commonwealth of Kentucky, and travelling up and down interstate 65 s...